Tuesday, January 29, 2008

No more Dudu :(

Well it's been over a week now since I last nursed Nyah. At 22 months she was really not getting much other than the closeness with me. I was reluctant to do it but I thought that Nyah was ready to sleep on her own and she was already drinking milk and skipping feedings so it seemed like as good a time as any.

For the first few days I just let Aamir put her to sleep - I didn't even go in the room because I knew if she saw me she would ask for Dudu and I would not be able to say no. After a few days I would go in when she was already in her crib and kiss her goodnight and she was ok with that. Now I can put her to bed and she is satisfied with a little bit of cuddling with a book.

She still asks for Dudu some mornings but is happy to accept a sippy cup with strawberry milk instead!

Easy for her - not so easy for mommy! It was so hard the first few days not being able to put her to sleep or kiss her goodnight especially after we had our nighttime routine set for the past 22 months! I was really sad not having that time with her, I miss the closeness and cuddling that we used to have when I was nursing her. She doesn't really have the patience to sit still in my lap or arms unless she is nursing so it was hard to lose that.

Now that she has practically forgotten about Dudu the nice thing is that either Aamir or myself can put her to bed and we could theoretically go out at night and have Dadima put her to bed if we needed to. It is a kind of freedom but I feel like my baby is growing up :(

No comments: