Sunday, March 02, 2008

Peanut Butter

Today we had a fairly bad eating day! Nyah's meals were mediocre at best and she was being fussy about everything! So when she asked for peanut butter at dinner I said sure why not.

First I put peanut butter on a piece of toast and offered it to her - that was not what she wanted. Then we tried on crackers but that too failed her majesty's expectations!

Then I was out of ideas so I just took a spoon and scooped a rather large dollop of peanut butter and put it on her hand - 90% expecting her to say "no mommy not like that" and making me clean it up! But to my surprise she took the dollop and started licking! She spent a good 30 minutes on that glob of peanut butter and then with peanut butter smeared all over her mouth, chin, nose and cheeks, asked for more!



I guess she really did just want peanut butter! Mommy needs to start listening better!

No comments: